Monday, October 12, 2009

One legged Rhino

Yes the Rhino is down to one leg and doing quite well on his crutches if I do say so myself.  He’s even mastered a way of going up and down our stairs on his own (we live in a two story house!) but he does technically sit on his arse for most of it..hehehe!rhino3

Christian is doing great, so great in fact that we let him go to the soccer game tonight and be with the team {this really boosted his spirits and it was a joy to watch all the team mates come across the field yelling at him!}. 

The nerve block did wonders for the pain (as to be expected!) and completely worn off on Saturday {even though Christian started to wiggle his toes on Friday} and he’s only had to take a couple pain pills so far.  We go back to see Dr G. tomorrow to get the splint offrhino2 and see how things look, at this time it’s expect that Christian will get his walking boot on but to still be non weight bearing for 2 more weeks, then he will start rehab for 3 to 4 months.  I’ll be happy when he can just put some weight on it and I’m not popping up every two seconds to get something or “hey mom can you?” or “mom do you mind?” or “MOOOOOOM?” but you know what….as long as Christian is health I’ll take all those “MOOOOMS!” forever!

He’ll be heading back to school on Wednesday too {WOOT WOOT!}.  I think our couch could you the break and I know my laptop is screaming from all the teenage activity on it {I profusely apologized to it tonight!! and I apologize if I randomly start typing dude, sweet, cool, IDK, huh….I think those words on stuck on here…UGH!}rhino1

Thanks again for all your wonderful thoughts and prayers!  You all are amazing!

And Dude, I’ll try to keep you update but ya know I’m like busy and IDK with everything going on with my sweet life and all, well ya get my drift….oh sorry see it’s that dang teenage lingo taking over the laptop, LOL!

 

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Glad he is doing well. Still praying for a speedy recovery! Love ya neener

lisa said...

LOL...love that you take these 'everyday' sort of pics...you really ought to be a scrapbooker you know...

Danine said...

@ Lisa

Nice try! I'm soooo not a scrapbooker. Too girly for me {sorry if I offend anyone}. All that cutting out and pasting and paper and junk...UGH I'd go nuts trying to make it just perfect! I'm having anxiety just thinking about it, lol