Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Introductions!


Introductions are in order being that this is the first blog post of hopefully many. Provided we survive of course.

Our names are Ben and Danine. Respectively, we are 29 and 33 years old, and we have a 12 year old son, Christian. That means we're young enough to remember all the dramatic details of our own adolescent passage, and now we have to try and help our son steer himself through the same passage as he becomes a young man.

Now, it certainly is interesting being on the other end. Now I can see why my mother's hair went from black to gray in the span of less than a year. Thankfully we have 4 more years until he asks for the keys to the car, but that doesn't mean he hasn't already noticed the fairer sex already.

But hopefully this blog will allow our friends to see how we cope. The decisions that have to be made, the molding we are trying to achieve. It's difficult to raise a child, but it's an extremely enjoyable and loving process. So, sit back and laugh at our misfortunes, our own mistakes, our accomplishments and our efforts. Enjoy learning how a young boy grows into a young man, ready to face the world, face first and full of determination.


- Ben

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I will be the first to leave a comment. The first time that I met Booger was I do believe 10 as a nice little boy and now he is 12 and as he reminds me almost 13 before I was the best, now I am just a loser as he says.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, the man child that shall be from the lil rhinoling we have before us now? ...........Might be a scarey thought but i'm along for the ride as well. From having met all three of you only a couple years ago i feel blessed to feel as a part of the family and look forward to somehow throwin my own lil hammer n chisel into the fray that shall become his molding ;-)

-The fat one

Anonymous said...

HEEHEEHEE.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PAYBACKS TO BEGIN!
MY HAIR TURNED WHITE, YOURS MAY FALL OUT.

Ben said...

If my hair starts falling out, rest assured, it's all coming off with the razor. I'm not about to do the horseshoe hair-do, or the comb-over. :)

Anonymous said...

Send C to the movies. You can go over to Kohls while you wait and start your Christmas shopping.
Movies are safe....it's the tree houses that you have to worry about.

Anonymous said...

Yeah let em go ;-). I would've gone n snooped ;-)

-The Fat One