Sunday, February 01, 2009

Driving days....sooner than we think


Ben, C and myself headed out to the autoshow on Saturday to take a look at what they had to offer and for just something to get out and do.  All 3 of us enjoy cars so it wasn't much of a chore, lol.  It was mostly newer vehicles but there were some sweet looking old cars there too, to our delight!

As any almost 15 year old, C is anxiously awaiting for the time that he can get his permit and driver's license.  He's also (like his mother) dreaming of owning and driving a Mustang.  We both dearly love the 60's style and our dream car is the first year made of the Mustangs....64 1/2..oh baby!! But we wouldn't turn down a nice 65, 66, 67, or 68 either, lol!

It's great to see that the car manufactures are getting back to the "old" style also (ie: the Mustang and Charger).  As we were walking around, C came across a newer Mustang..price on the windshield...$18,999.00.  Conversation entails:

C: "*some grumbling, wining, going into convulsions* Sweet, mom look"

Me:  "Yes, I see. Go stand there and I'll take your picture with it"

C: "Mom it's only $18,000.00.  Come on mom, it gets great gas mileage and drives great (now we just got dump on AGAIN with snow!!)"

Me: "C if you go find one of the Ford dealer guys and make a deal with them for $12,000.00 flat, with taxes, title, fees out the door and mom will buy that for you" (now C's eyes are about bugging out of his head and then *ding light bulb goes off*)

C:  "Mom your killing me here, just killing me!  Can't a boy dream mom, seriously?"

Me:  "Yes C a boy can dream but there's no way in heck that my son is going to own a brand new Mustang before his momma is!"

5 comments:

Suzie said...

The 68 is my favorite... in a fire engine red please...since you offered to buy one. LOL I cant believe he is that old already...I remember coming to the hospital when he was born...man, I am getting old. Thanks for the reminder, Ninner!

Love ya

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

nice choice!! i bet he's dreaming up ways to get someone to make him that deal!!

Kelly said...

Danine,
A boy can dream...we did! I want a Charger but I am not willing to give up my Pilot for it. I love the Chargers but there is not enough room in them. Also, the Pilot can seat 8 which is a bonus when you have a bunch of people that need to go to one place.

And yes, we are getting old. Yours if 15 and mine will be 13 here in a couple of months. Yikes!

Love you,
Kelly

lisa said...

Sounds like a GREAT family outing!! Yeah!!

Ben said...

Ugh, where did I go wrong? No accounting for taste I guess... lol