Friday, January 30, 2009

Throughout the Years

I've been working on a project for my grandparents 60+ wedding anniversary and I've been coming across alot of older pictures of Christian. Oh the memories, tears, smiles, and laughter have been flooding back this last week!

To how the nurses kept calling him "so small" when he was born (7 lbs 12 oz didn't seem small to be me!) because all the other babies in the nursery were 10 lbs plus, infact the baby boy right next to C was a 13 lber...yikes! To how my dad had named him "Mr. Magnet" because everyone was always coming up to him and stating how cute he was. His imagination was endless (guess that's from being an only child, growing up in the country around nothing but adults), always playing with imaginary friends, Matt. To wanting to be an Architect and go to Penn State from the time he was 3 years old and it's still holding true at the age of 14 and the facination with trucks and cars! From dump trucks, to backhoes, to yes even the garbage truck. And yet even into the teenage years, as parents, we've always commented to anyone who's asked that we've been blessed with a wonderful son, that we keep waiting for the roof to fall in on our heads...the wild times...it doesn't mean that Christian hasn't had his "Wilbur" moments, from the only time he ever wrote on anything but paper (and it was close to Christmas time and Santa got a picture of this!) to yes the "teenage rhino" moments where I truly wonder if I will make it out alive!

These next 3 1/2 years of high school will bring so many more memories let alone *sigh* marriage, grandkids (let's hope that's along time coming yet!!!!) and I'm so excited to have the opportunity to have these memories!

~danine
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Danine,
I love the collage, it is great to see what a handsome young man that he is turning into. You and Ben are doing something right. Keep up the good work.

As far as Friday goes, I am sorry but I can not make it. I have a sick husband and son at home. The stomach virus has hit our house. I am sure that I will get it eventually. Have a great time and be careful.
Love,
Kelly

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

what a cute kiddo and great looking young man you have there!!

It sounds like you have done a very good job with him!

enjoy these next few years...they pass way too fast!

lisa said...

LOVE looking through old pics!! Greta looking collage!