Monday, February 22, 2010

16 before Sixteen!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen there is only sixteen days left before Rhino turns the big 1-6!!rhino-6

How am I surviving, to be honest with you, it’s a bunch of up/down moments.  I minute I’m completely fine, dreaming of all the errands I’ll be able to send Rhino on and then the next minute….WHAM!!…I could ball my eyes out because my baby is turning 16.  The hubby, of course, just keeps telling me to cut the apron strings, LOL! {maybe it’ll effect him once Rhino asks for the motorcycle keys…MUAHAHAHA!}

Stay tuned to hear all about “the big” day, well actually it’ll be a 4 day event around here with time off of school {yes they have a mini-vacation the weekend of Rhino’s bday}, a party with the Civil War re-enactment gang, a dinner out, and to top everything off a big party with the family {we haven’t had a family party since Rhino’s 1st bday!}.  Of course pictures are to be bountiful and hopefully embarrassing too!

{here’s a picture of Rhino, the eldest great-grandchild, with his great-grandparents and the other 3 great-grandchildren.  Yes, there is a big age gap between the eldest to the youngest almost 15 1/2 years!}

IMG_5734

So in the words of a mother who’s baby is about to turn 16…..”someone please pass me the bottle of wine!!!”.

No comments: