Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh the dreaded time has come.......

As much as I am torn about this post, I'm excited too. My little boy is turning into a grown man...argh *sigh, sniff, sniff*.

He came home the other day talking about the Fall Ball (a dance at the high school in October) and how two mysterious (yes TWO!!) girls want him to go to the Ball because they like him yada, yada, yada. Oh I listened, I questioned, I even tried helping him find out who these two mysterious girls where (a mother needs to know which girls to beat down don't they?) but deep in my heart I truly thought C would blow this dance off like all the other ones. Oh no....he's truly looking forward to going to this dance (and yes he likes to dance and does a good job of it too!). Also girls are always asking to borrow his clothes now. Now being a female, I KNOW where that one comes from and where that leads......

Now I have to prepare myself for the inevitable....GIRLFRIEND! Even more I know I won't be C's number 1 female in his life anymore.

I'm thinking I need to get some advice from my mother-in-law on this one. How did she deal with me "taking away her son" and not kick me in my arse? (Now don't get me wrong I love my mother-in-law and she's great!) Better yet, my solution, me and C are going to play with his Tonka trucks and Rescue Heroes in the mud and go to the zoo and never think about girls AGAIN!

~Danine

No comments: