Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pictures as Promised

Well as promised here are some pictures from the North East game that C did so well in. 


He's No. 24 this year due to the fact that a Junior player already had his much convented No. 11 and of course wouldn't give it up (even though I told C to offer him some money....hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do).  So instead on the day that uniforms are handed out I get a phone call at night at work from C to tell my what his number was (we'd all be talking about it, like doubling 11 to 22 or tripling it to 33).  He preceeds to tell me it's 24.  I was dumbfounded, why 24?  That number was never brought up.  When I asked him why, "Mom, it's your birthday".  Needless to say, I teared up, spend the rest of the night on cloud nine at work and the girls at work think I have the most thoughtful son.  I couldn't agree with them more!


Taking the ball down the field (some pretty cool red shoes too!).


Doing some fancy footworking to stop the opponent from taking the ball further.


You can see here that the NE player is grabbing C by the shoulder to try and take him down.  Didn't happen!


Well the shoulder grab didn't work so we resort to the knee into the stomach.  Sorry to say that didn't work either.  Shocked that kid too, though C's response "Mom, it hurts more to get punched in the stomach when you've lost 25 lbs!".  

~Danine

No comments: