Thursday, September 18, 2008

Soccer Season Buzz!

Well we're fully into the soccer season now (hence the reason for such the lateness of the post). C has yet to start a JV game but he does start the second half, major improvement from last year!

There are some teams that don't even have a JV squad for some reasons or other and our coaches let our JV players chose if they want to go to the all Varsity games or not (home or away). Can I say, I'm so proud that C has chosen to be a part of the T-E-A-M no matter what and go (even sitting through down pouring rain!) just to be there, to learn, and most importantly to cheer on his team mates! Makes me proud to know that maybe we did instill some morals in him?

On another note....Tuesday game against North East (which has always been a great team and a difficult team to beat!) C did an amazing job! He blocked, saved the ball from going out of bounds a couple times and took the ball down the field. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but he was a complete different player. The look in his eyes, his demeanor....it was THRILLING to watch. I barely got shots off of him because I was in awe of my son and smiling, shouting, and cheering. (pictures to come shortly). After the game, the coach called C in to his office and told C he was impressed with him and coach saw a major improvement in C. I asked C what changed, he's comment "Mom, I really wanted to win this one". The score you ask..... 1 - 1, we tied!

Well we're off again tonight for another round of soccer. I don't think the house knows who I am, the cats barely remember me, BUT Erie County soccer fields cringe from my cheering for our team, and I'm completely loving my life as a teenage rhino's soccer mom!

~Danine

No comments: