Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Wii of a 15th!

First and foremost I want to thank all of our wonderful family, friends and bloggy friends that dropped a line to Christian and wished him a happy birthday.  He was truly surprised by how many comments he received and well wishes.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for making his birthday extra special!!

C had a wonderful day.  I believe that birthday's should be national holidays and I've always tried to treat his as such (doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune, it's just the things that you do!).

We started his day off with a birthday breakfast and a couple small gifts.  Off to school he went where he was showered with well wishes at school by friends and such.  Next after school I treated him to "no chores for the day" (I'm thinking this was the biggest hit and could of saved me some cash but that was a lessoned learned for the ol' mom) and he just "chilled" till both myself and Ben got home from work.  We then all went to C's choice of a local tavern for dinner with both sets of grandparents to come along for the ride and dinner.  Dinner, a couple embarrassing moments, a couple more gifts and a ice cream cake topped with a number "5" candle (hey I keep saying I miss those Tonka days and C truly enjoyed it and stated "better than blowing out 15 of those suckers") later, the rhino household is winding down for a wonderful day.  We got to surprise C with two great gifts this year (as you see by his expressions in the pictures!).  One is for tickets to go see his favorite professional U.S. soccer team play in June and the other is actually a family gift but is the Wii.  We've already created our players and have been Wiiing it up tonight!  

Excuse us now as I still try to comprehend the my baby is 15 and kicking my butt at Wii boxing but I did prevail in the shooting game so maybe that's a lesson he should take to bed with him!!

~danine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooo! Happy 15th christian! Omg, how time flies! I remember you when you were a little guy, and you're so grown now. :) I know your parents are proud of you, :)
Have a GREAT day, Christian!

Kim said...

the expression on his face is hysterical! I would say he got what he wanted!