Sunday, June 07, 2009

Get to it Private!

IMG_2685Christian just returned from his weekend long re-enactment event at John Brown’s Farm.  Ben, my father and I made the trip down to see the kiddo in action on Saturday.  It was neat to see the whole set-up of living in the Civil War era.  Needless to say, Christian came back with lots of stories to tell…..including setting a tree on fire Saturday night due to the fact of shooting of the cannon at night and shooting steel wool at of it (the owner of the farm thought it was hilarious!), was sorry that I missed that!

Christian was also officially initiated into the Battery too!  He got to shoot the cannon off two times today and got his face swabbed by the jamming stick (the rod they jam the shot down the cannon barrel).  I’m being told pictures were taken so hopefully I can share them at some point.IMG_2682

Well Christian’s off on his own now a lot of the times and I think we’ve prepared him quite well for the big bad life ahead BUT no one has prepared me for life without my son around ~~~~ oh this is going to be sooooo much harder than I thought/dreamed!

~danine

1 comment:

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

that's so neat!
BOYS....at ANY AGE.....fire....always a good time! LOL