Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy, busy little bees!

The last two weeks have been even more busy than usual (yes that's humanly possible), but oh so much fun at the same time.

First off, Ben and I got to head down to Pittsburgh due to Ben doctors appointment early on a Monday morning. We decided just to head down on Sunday night and spend the night but, being as brilliant as we are (not really but hey it's wishful thinking at this age!) we decided to try and hook up with some old friends Ken and Jess, that we haven't seen in 7 years!  Ben and Ken were housemates at PSU and Jess was friends with them all (actually Ken and Jess grew up together in Pittsburgh area).  It was so wonderful to see Ken and Jess, and it was like old times again!  We got to see their house, Eddie (their huge cat), we all went to the Pittsburgh Zoo, out to dinner at Chili's (which neither Ben or I have been there since PSU days!) and then the kicker....Jess took us all to a haunted house, that she has helped in the creation and knows the owners, and volunteers some of her time (it's a long complicated story, I don't have the time to go into it but just know that Jess is an amazing person!).  Scarehouse is ranked the 5th best haunted house in America and I can tell you, I personally HATE haunted house but can't wait to go back to Scarehouse!!  I do highly recommended buying advance tickets or even paying for the R.I.P. treatment (what we were lucky enough to be treated to!) once you get there!  We got the honor of meeting the owners and some of the actors too and I can only say they are all AMAZING, kind, gracious and simply wonderful!!

We also got our family pictures taken FINALLY (another thing that hasn't been done in 8 years!) by a local photographer, Katie Mihalak (I'm not going to mention we went to high school together Katie or how old we are!).  She was gracious enough to put up with my boys and I don't think we detered her from photography.  If you know anyone looking for some pictures to be taken, give Katie a call, couldn't recommended anyone with more of a vision, God given talent, delightfulness, and over all great human being (let alone her prices are great!).

Plus being parents of the mighty teenage rhino, we've been running him around to miscellaneous events like the Fall Ball (more on that to come w/pictures!) and other sporting events.  I did realize a new appreciation for my parents durning the Fall Ball though.  The dance didn't end until 11 p.m. and as I was struggling to keep awake (any other night it wouldn't of been a problem you know) to make that 5 minute drive to the school to pick up the kiddo, light dawns upon me *ping*.  My father used to have to keep his patootie up till all hours of night (and that was the only way I could go too because that was always the deal breaker "if your dad will pick you up"), drive 15 - 20 minutes over to the school (my high school with in a whole different town) to come and get my arse from whatever I asked my parents to let me do that night (ie: football game, dances, etc...).  Needless to say, I just said a big thank you to my dad yesterday for all those miles and long nights he logged (I'm still not admitting the gray hair on his head or lack of hair is my fault though...I'm standing strong on that one..hehe!). 

Lesson learned:  you really are old because the music your teenager plays is too loud and you ask him to turn it down or your so old YOU have to blare it so YOU can hear it!

1 comment:

lisa said...

How fun to catch up with old friends!! Glad you had a great time! We're off to 'ghost lake' this weekend, hope my experience is half as good as yours! OH...and I check out the pics on Katie's blog, they turned out great!! Love the one of just you and Ben!