Thursday, October 09, 2008

A VERY important lesson learned tonight

Tonight, we as parents just moments ago taught C one of his most important life lessons..............how to toilet paper someone's house correctly!

Yeppers, we took C tonight to t.p. his grandparents (my in-laws) house. My father-in-laws 50th birthday is tomorrow (Happy Birthday Dad!!) and we had to make it as special as possible, and of course let the neighborhood know. Well actually he asked for it, when my in-laws did the same thing to our house months ago for the hubby's birthday so.......yea, karma sucks!

Needless to say, it was great to see C, running around tping the shrubs, running it through the door handle to the front door, and throwing the rolls up into the tree. I was quite impressed with his skills! Of course, when the first car came into sight he was ready to run for cover, but we had to explain to him that this t.p. mission was different, no duck and cover. We did ended up getting busted though by the neighbors when they arrived home (luckily they've lived next door to my in-laws forever so they understood!).

What a memorable night!! How many kids can say their parents took them on their first toilet papering experience? Gotta love it!

~Danine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what a memorable morning!!!Waking up to find not only toilet paper hanging from almost everything in sight, but to my tired old Blazer, whose windows I could not see thru because of all the giant 50's and "over the hill" slogans that someone had painted on them. I won't even bring up the 3 party poppers that were let loose on the inside!!!
You sure have taught your man child well. Hopefully he will return the life lesson,(ten fold), when you guys hit that glorious age.
I'm glad that I could provide an opportunity to further C's continuing education.
-The old man