Monday, November 24, 2008

Winter wonderland or in my case winter yuck!















Well father winter has hit us here in lovely NW PA and hit us hard he did! Now our little town didn't get hit as hard as some others but being one that does not like the winter a 1/2 inch of snow makes my skin crawl. Yes, I know I live here (born and raised here too so I know what to expect) so suck it up and quit whining.

Well last Monday in the hopes of trying to find some winter spirit (and I have to say it was really lovely outside with all the heavy wet snow and it wasn't the normal bitter cold) I ventured out with camera in tow to take pictures. Here's some I thought I'd share.














This is usually how I feel about winter.....someone just shoot me, shoot me now!

One of the trees in our yard never looses it's leaves until the last minute! As you can tell, it's being weighted down heavily by the snow!


























Here's one I couldn't resist trying to shoot. The church cross and clock through the snow covered tree limbs. I think it turned out pretty cool.

~danine


2 comments:

lisa said...

GREAT post!! Gorgeous pics!! Jealous! Inspired...how can I be sad the snow is gone?? Well, when it comes back, maybe we can go on a photo hike?

Danine said...

oh most definitely a photo hike is on the list to do. I could of used your truck, I wanted badly to go to sooooo many different places but my little car would of gotten stuck! hehe!