Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Christmas tree has sprung



Well our Christmas tree has made it's arrival today. Ben and C dug it out of the shed and carried into the house and assembled it. Yes we have an artificial pre-lit tree.



Ben grew up with an artifical tree and I grew up with always have a real tree but since I'm allergic to evergreens and the allergy keeps getting worse as I get older, our household has an artificial tree (I must admit, I really like not having to climb under the tree to water it and not have to pick needles out of the carpeting for weeks on end!).



As you can tell, C got into his usual spirit and decorated himself up too! I can't even say he got into too much eggnog all I can say is.....that's my boy, lol!

Friday night Santa arrived in town here. This year, our little boro decided to start a kinda of winter festival. They had a little parade and tried to get the local business owners in on it. One of C's best buddies' mom owns a shop right down town and she got C and her son (we call him Eggie) to dress up in a snowman costume she designed and made herself. The boys had a blast! They ran around main street for about 3 hours entertaining the traffic and the kids, adults too (and by C's accounts I think him and Eggie had as much fun has the kiddies!!).



Unfortunately I had to work that night but I asked Ben to go down and take pictures. Here's one of C in the snowmen costume with Eggie and another one of his buddies. Rumor has it that C and Eggie have requested to do it again next year and have asked Eggie's mom to make a penguin or a gingerbread man costume also so they can both go at it together. God help the town next year!!


~danine

1 comment:

lisa said...

Looks like great fun!! We're finally putting ours up tonight! :)