Saturday, December 27, 2008

Family Time at Christmas


We all hope everyone had some special time with their family and friends during Christmas.  Our last couple of days, certainly have been packed.  Christmas Eve day both Ben and I had to work.  Luckily enough both our jobs let us out earlier than our normal departing times (Ben got out earlier than me though...*phewy*).  

Christmas Eve we headed over to Ben's parents house to have Christmas with them and his sister and her family.  It's always a fun occassion at the in-laws and I'm truly blessed with wonderful in-laws.  I've always said that I couldn't of married Ben if I didn't love his parents as much as I do.

Then Christmas day, the morning is spent here at the house with just Ben, myself and C (oh can't forget the kitties too!) opening gifts and having fun.  By mid afternoon we are off to my parents house to have Christmas with them.  And then early evening it's just a jaunt across my parents drive-way to my grandparents house to have Christmas with my whole family.  It's always HECTIC there, but the kind of hectic that you love!  Everyone jumbled around coming, going, talking all at once.  Drinks being poured, food being consumed waaaay tooo much and laughter....always laughter.  And my aunt Jo always making her faces or stuffing some kind of BIG spoon into her mouth....see for yourself here.  Gotta love it when you can catch them in the act!! 

Back to work on Friday for me at the second job....retail hell on the day after Christmas...everyone returning, using the gift cards, and complaining they didn't get what they wanted!  Ben wonders why I can't get into the Holiday spirit like I used to.  Working retail just sucks it right out of you....I thought it was just me but when you talk to everyone else they have the same exact thoughts.  It's amazing how RUDE human beings have become, and how it's "all about me, me, me" anymore.  Oh well, as long as I can still stay true to my values and we can raise C to good morals and values.....

Today ended the Christmas rounds of family at Ben's aunt and uncle's house for the annual post Christmas/New Years celebration.  Lots of people (aunts, uncles, cousins...new babies this year too!) and again lots of food and the Christmas yankee gift swap that's always a good time (and maybe even a little payback time or two...hehe!).

~danine 

1 comment:

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

sounds like you had a great christmas with family! How wonderful it must be to have great in-laws. i'll leave it at that. ;-)
Hubby had to work 8-4 all of that week including christmas eve and christmas day! (who needed to know what the weather was going to do those days?)