Sunday, January 11, 2009

Two Minor Miracles This Week

Ok, so in our comfy little world two minor miracles took place this week.  First C and I both signed up for a gym and personal trainer. I can't explain how excited I am.  First that I am financially able to do this for C and myself and second that we are going to get in shape together.  I'd set a goal last year to loose my weight before C graduated from high school, thinking that I wouldn't push myself and allow myself time to loose the allotted (ok huge) amount of weight that I want to do and maintain the weight loss (that's the kicker there...maintain!).  C got into shape was soccer kicked his arse but unfortunately he put some of his weight back on after soccer season ended.  Now, he can train for soccer season and hopefully this will help him in his goal to get his varsity letter this next year as a sophmore.  I'll keep everyone update on our progress!

Second I am now a proud owner of my first pair of Nike sneakers!  And to top even that my first new pair of sneakers in over 11 years...yes 11 years.  As you can see even Cole the cat was into them.  Mom's know, you spend money on everyone else but yourself, well I figured that with going to the gym, I REALLY needed a good pair of sneakers and since C's feet are now twice the size of mine I can't use any of his multiple pair.  I'm so excited...you'd think I got diamonds!

~danine

2 comments:

lisa said...

I SO need a pair of shoes...hopefully this weekend. Especially since I normally use my sneaks as boots, so I have to use a pair of icky sneaks from bartending for boots when I head to the gym...LOL. Seeya there at some point! :)

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

Good for you!! I LOVE the gym, even have a memebership... but the littles get sick E-V-E-R-Y T-I-M-E i bring them to the nursery there..not worth it for NOW.

it's a shame that we as moms often
times put ourselves last and let ourselves feel that a new pair of shoes is such a TREAT! add the gym, and OH MY you may spoil yourself! ;-)

i see big steps towards liking that person in your future!!